QuickBooks Payroll is an awesome featured application that eases the payroll job. From payroll analysis to tax reports, the software keeps your estimate straight with precise results.
Although, it gives accurate results but sometimes mistakenly from the users end appears with Problem. One of the problems occurs when finding payroll overpayment in QuickBooks. You need to correct it, for further processing. The blog is here about- How to correct a payroll overpayment QuickBooks?
Follow the steps to correct payroll overpayment in QuickBooks
Below mentioned steps are the measures to correct payroll overpayment in Journal entries. Follow the given steps which are:-
- Navigate to Accountant.
- Choose Make General Journal Entries.
- Now Input the DATE and the ENTRY NO. of General journal entry.
- Under the account column, select the checking account and payroll account.
- Type the overpaid amount for your checking account in the credit column.
- Type the overpaid amount for your payroll account in the debit column.
- Now, Type the name of your employee.
- After this, click Save & Close.
This is the way by following which you can correct the balance of your account and reconcile it from here.
It is advisable to take help of any professional regarding this. For this, you can contact our QuickBooks experts at +1-888-927-0940. They will help you in a more detailed way.